Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Michelle M Guppy


Monday, March 5, 2012

The Bible in 90 Days

For Lent this year, I wanted to do the "Bible in 90 Days" reading program.  It's the perfect time to do that as my oldest son has been in Boot Camp and will be furthering his intense training in preparation to what he hopes to be a dream-come-true career. The last eighteen months with our younger son who has autism and epilepsy have been trying. These past few months for our family have been intense with the abrupt changes of "Navy life" that cannot be planned for, only faced.  These next several months will be critical for our Navy son, and a testing of our faith as parents.  So what better thing to do than add another challenge!

I think God likes that.

When we face worldly challenges by pursuing Spiritual challenges.

So here I go... for hopefully the next 90 Days I will draw closer to the One who can make those worries and challenges seem light-years away.

I chose to begin this new blog just for this purpose.  To have one specific place to record my personal insights from each day's reading.  So that as I go back to a specific book of the Bible after I have completed the 90 days... I can perhaps add new insight or better (perhaps corrected) interpretations of what God is teaching. Wanted me to learn but that I didn't at that time!

As I read each day, I mail essentially what I share here to my son - so we remain connected in Christ that way.  This journey started while he was in Boot Camp, and hopefully never ends.

What a legacy to leave our children -- not gifts or things, but our collective thoughts on Christ.


Here we go God...

I'm listening...


Those of you going through this "Bible in 90 Days" journey, feel free to add your insight!