Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Michelle M Guppy


Sunday, February 14, 2016

God is love...

I am sure that many names of God would cover how God is a God of love, of unconditional love to be exact; but for today on Valentine's Day, I simply wanted to reflect on how God is simply love.

Valentine's Day for a few years now has given us a new appreciation for the unconditional love God has for us.

It was on Valentine's Day after Brandon turned 18, that we had our actual appearance in court before a Judge with our lawyer and Brandon's appointed lawyer - to be granted Guardianship of him.

I love how that court date was on Valentine's Day.  I didn't love that our only date that day was to appear in court - but hey.....  I love how Todd and I stood before that Judge and promised to care for and advocate for our son.  Our son who can give us nothing in return but that which we crave most - unconditional love.

Caring for him all these years has taught us about God's unconditional love for us.

And on Valentine's Day each year, we go through the process of renewing that commitment to Brandon, to the court.

In doing that, I always think about how God moment by moment renews His commitment of unconditional love to me...

He loves me even though I have nothing to give Him in return...

He loves me despite how challenging I am...

He will never abandon me...

He will never betray me...

He will never hurt me...


God is love.