Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Michelle M Guppy


Monday, February 15, 2016

God is Omnipotent...

He is all powerful.

There is no limit to his power.

God spoke things into being!  I'm not sure you can get more powerful than that.  Nothing is too difficult for him!  When God wants something to happen, it happens.  Nothing can prevent it.

I think my additional word for God for today's name of God - should be "miracle-worker" - but then I think omnipotent covers that too.

We were driving to school and Brandon was in the back seat of my Suburban as usual.  At the light at a big intersection, he got quiet from his typical humming to the music and I looked back.  I saw "the seizure face" -- the face he makes when he has a Grand Mal seizure.  For Brandon - Grand Mal seizures are very violent.  We have holes in our walls to prove the force with which he crashes into something when convulsing.  Not to mention stitches in his skin, staples in his head, broken bones and broken teeth.  His seizures are violent.  So I turned and halfway climbed to the back seat to be ready to grab his head to stop it from smashing against the car window.  Half me in the front seat (I'm sure all passersby appreciated that view) and the other half in the back seat waiting for what was sure to come.  I had one arm ready to cushion his head, the other ready to grab feet from getting tangled under the seat in front of him.  Right there in the busy intersection - cars behind me, beside me and a red light in front of me.  All I could do was put on the hazard lights and hope no one rear-ended me.
I waited a few seconds for the convulsions to begin -- but they never did.  It was the strangest thing I ever experienced.  When he has that face, we know what has always come next.  Always.

But it didn't.  For a few seconds he made the breathing sounds typical of after a Grand Mal, but he never had the Grand Mal.  He never lost consciousness and when he started breathing normal again he was acting as if nothing happened.   I finally just went for it and got the rest of me back in the front seat and drove on.  I did go back home, sure that was maybe just a warm-up seizure, but even back home he was fine.  He was so fine that we got back in the car and went to school.  I called them a few hours later to see how he was, and they said he was just fine!

All day long I was in awe of what I had experienced.

I had experienced God's omnipotence.

When God wants something done, it is done.  What I experienced was how when God wants something stopped, like a Grand Mal seizure, it is stopped.

I needed to experience that name of God, and today I truly did.  I have never seen something like that happen with one of Brandon's thousands of Grand Mal seizures he's had.  As long and as hard as we have fought these seizures, and lost, I needed the reassurance, the HOPEISM, that God could still stop them, even if He chooses not to.

That God can, whether or not he will.

Because of God's omnipotence, he has power over everything, and everyone.

Including satan.

Only an Almighty God, an Omnipotent God, can defeat satan.

And today.....

Today I had a front row seat, or rather a back row seat, to the showdown of satan trying to cause a Grand Mal in Brandon - and God's mighty omnipotence saying, "O Hell No.  Not today" and that Grand Mal stopping before it ever had a chance to start.

Ok fine, maybe God would never say that, but I sure loved seeing in person how he kinda did...

(smile)