Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Michelle M Guppy


Thursday, February 11, 2016

Yahweh Nissi

The LORD my banner.  The LORD who gives us victory in spiritual warfare.

When I sat down before Lent began to write out in my journal the 40 "Names of God" I wanted to use, this one wasn't listed for today.  But, much like my "Life with Autism, Seizures, and a side of Trauma" doesn't follow any schedules or rules - neither did my Lent plan.

I woke up to the choking sounds of Brandon having a seizure, then another one, and then when I had a moment to check on our dogs, found that one of them has a cloudy patch on his eye, not to mention the cyst-like lump under his leg.  Not that that's all it takes to rock my world - the other dog has a torn ligament that probably needs surgery if we could afford it, and the other dog just got over three rounds of some funky something with her eye.  Then there's the relentless seizures, and the fact that it's only February 11th and I've spent a small fortune on out-of-pocket expenses in trying to deal with said seizures.  These things may be merely "things" - but they are actually more than that.  They are spiritual warfare satan uses to cause doubt and disappointment for the soul purpose of causing us to depart from our faith!

Yes, I'm sure for some, the thinking is, "Where's my violin to play you a sob-story."   It's easy to think that, but unless you've been the Charlie Daniels band as we warrior parents are, and have had to constantly challenge the devil to duel, you might just put your "fiddle" down and walk away.

We battle every.single.day.  Not one thing, but many things.  We juggle more flaming swords than most could ever comprehend, and for longer than most could ever endure.

So that's why my thoughts this morning were to search out the name I had written down for "The LORD my banner."

Today is a day I need Yahweh Nissi.

So many battles.  Health for my son and my dogs, finances to somehow cover it all, the spiritual warfare of not losing my HOPEISM through it all.

When you are a child of God, you are under His banner.  His protection.  My son who is in the military, gawd-forbid, if he should ever have to fight for our freedom, his fight will of course also be under God's banner, but also under the Navy flag - the Navy banner.  He will fight under that flag for protection and he will celebrate victory under that flag.

I must remember that in this "Life with Autism" battle -- it is not under any other banner but God's that I fight it.  Not a doctor's, not my own, not anything but under God's banner.  No matter what the battle we are facing, we are fighting, we are weary of, -- we must fight it under God's banner because that is the only banner under which we will have true victory.  God, is the only force strong enough to defeat autism, seizures, any battle we face, -- including satan.

Fighting under Yahweh Nissi makes us more than conquerors.

It makes us victorious.

And Team Guppy is sure hoping for a few victories.

I would love nothing more than to be like Moses in building an altar as a symbol of deliverance from this battle of seizures we are so weary of fighting.  An altar that will symbolize how we faithfully fought under God's banner -- and were victorious.

To HOPEISM!

NDCQ



Now...I know you're thinking of the song "Devil went Down To Georgia" - so click here for link to watch the video!