Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Michelle M Guppy


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Of woe's, weariness, weeping, and a wonderful warrior.

Day 51

Isaiah 29-41

This day's reading started off much like my everyday challenges of late with autism and seizures and the warrior fight we must all fight daily ---

Isaiah 29:1-3 "Woe to you, Ariel, Ariel, (Michelle, Michelle) the city where David (Life with Autism) settled!  Add year to year and let your cycle of festivals (autism, seizures, GI issues) go on."

As this current Legislative session goes on, as more and more bills are introduced that either do nothing to help our children, or do more to harm them or take away our parental rights concerning them come across my e-mail - it's so easy to get discouraged.  Woeful.  Weary.

And as I have personally experienced a lot of this past week -- Weepy. 

Not only must we fight our own battles in our home, it's also up to us to fight them in our city, state, and nation!

Sometimes it's just too much.

But as God always does, in the midst of all that, he brings words like in Isaiah 30:19 - O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more.  How gracious he will be when you cry for help!  As soon as he hears, he will answer you.  Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more;  with you own eyes you will see them.  Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it."

That comforts me so on days like I've had lately.

And words like Isaiah 30:26 which promise - The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the Lord binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.

I hear the song "I Can Only Imagine" playing in my head right now.  No, sadly not imagining heaven, but imagining a stress-free, care-free, spontaneous day of no autism, no seizures, no advocacy alert to take action on. No government corruption to end, no Pharma to put out of business, no vaccination wrongs to right.  No institutions to shut down, abuse to end, cameras to get in classrooms.

Today's reading probably had a greater meaning that hopefully a few more spins through the Bible will teach me - but for now what today's reading is saying to me is that without all those issues being placed in the right person's hand -- it will be a woeful and weary existence for me and I will weep.

Isaiah 31:1  "Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, who rely on horses, who trust in the multitude of their chariots and in the great strength of their horsemen, but do not look to the Holy One of Israel, or seek help from the Lord."

If I rely on my own strength, I will get nowhere.

But if I rely on His????

Isaiah 40:28-31  "Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Isaiah 41:10-13 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish.  Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them.  Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all.  For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."


Thank you Lord.... for being the wonderful warrior you are.


I know... I hear.... and I will try my best not to fear....