Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Using God's word to slay the jabberwocky that is satan...

Michelle M Guppy


Thursday, February 7, 2013

Psalms

Day 44

Psalms

Psalm 108
With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

Psalm 111
Great are the works of the Lord; they are pondered by all who delight in them.  Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever.  He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and compassionate.

The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy.  They are steadfast and for ever and ever, done in faithfulness and uprightness.  He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever -- holy and awesome is his name.


Psalm 115
Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.

Psalm 118
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?  The Lord is with me; he is my helper.  I will look in triumph on my enemies.

The Lord is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.


Psalm 119
Teach me, O Lord, to follow your decrees; then I will keep them to the end.  Give me understanding, and I will keep your law and obey it with all my heart.  Direct me in the path of your commands, for there I find delight.  Turn my heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.  Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.


Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  He will not let your foot slip -- he who watches over you will not slumber....

The Lord watches over you -- the Lord is your shade at your right hand; the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
  The Lord will keep you from all harm -- he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.